A condition of inflammation of the plantar ligaments of the foot. The pain can be felt under the feet especially in the morning after waking up and taking the first 3–4 steps. The pain will reduce after walking for a while. The pain is more pronounced with heavy loads on the foot and better with rest. If the symptoms continue over a long period of time, calculus may be present on the heel area.
People at risk of developing Plantar Fascia
- The elderly.
- It is more common in females than males.
- People who are overweight.
- People who have to stand and walk regularly for a prolonged period of time.
- People with flat or arched feet or abnormal walking posture.
- Those who wear shoes that are too hard or too thin or that are not suitable for the shape of the foot.